Blaze guts TNB equipment factory in Semenyih


PETALING JAYA: A factory manufacturing transformers and equipment for Tenaga Nasional Bhd caught fire at the Sungai Purun Industrial Area in Semenyih early Tuesday (June 2).

Selangor Fire and Rescue Department assistant director of operations Ahmad Mukhlis Mukhtar said the department received an emergency call at 4.29am.

Firefighters from the Semenyih Fire and Rescue Station were immediately dispatched to the scene.

Mukhtar said the blaze involved a factory measuring about 18.6m by 9.3m and was already raging when firefighters arrived.

The fire had affected an estimated 40% of the factory at that time, he said in a statement on Tuesday.

Firefighting operations were carried out immediately upon the arrival of personnel at the scene.

Mukhtar said the operation was assisted by personnel from the Bangi and Kajang Fire and Rescue Stations.

The firefighting operation used four 300-foot hose lines and three nozzles, with water sourced from nearby fire hydrants and a water tanker.

About 90% of the fire had been extinguished by 9.30am and overhaul works were still ongoing, Mukhtar said.

He added that no casualties were reported in the incident.

The operation involved 18 personnel, a fire rescue tender from the Semenyih Fire and Rescue Station, and a light fire rescue tender from the Kajang Fire and Rescue Station.

An additional fire rescue tender and a water tanker from the Bangi Fire and Rescue Station were also deployed to the scene.

 

 


Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

RM1.7mil gone in 120 seconds: Robbers took only two minutes to rob Genting goldsmith
Forest fire breaks out near MAIS building in Shah Alam
Putting the rapid in RTS Link: Commuters can clear immigration in seconds, claims project director
Merdeka convoys must prioritise road safety, say police
Police obtain several leads in Seri Tambun shooting case
Man nabbed over threatening Facebook post, sword seized
‘No idea why I was dropped’: Former 1MDB CEO denies striking deal to have name removed from US$5.64bil suit
Increase Budi Diesel quota to 500 litres for Sabahans, urges state PKR Youth
Appeals court upholds RM3.4mil order against former Mara Corp group CEO
Sarawak’s sovereign data platform to strengthen AI capabilities, says Abang Jo

Others Also Read