Ranau cops hunting for man who assaulted and threatened teen


KOTA KINABALU: Police in Ranau are hunting for a man who allegedly assaulted and threatened to kill a teenage boy outside a sundry shop there.

Ranau OCPD Supt Mursalin Mahmud said the 19-year-old victim lodged a police report at about 4pm on Thursday (May 21) after the incident at the shop in Kampung Matupang two days previously.

He said the victim, who was shopping for groceries, was attacked and threatened by the unidentified attacker wearing a helmet.

The incident was recorded in a 34-second video that spread via social media in recent days.

He said preliminary investigations found that the suspect attacked and scolded the victim without provocation.

According to Supt Mursalin, the victim told police that the suspect took out a knuckleduster and threatened him, saying: "Do you want this? It’s been a long time since I killed anyone, do you want to die?"

"After that, the suspect put away the weapon before punching and kicking the victim," Supt Mursalin said, adding that the victim was sent for a medical examination.

The teenager was reported to have suffered lip injuries and bruising on his back and shoulder.

Supt Mursalin urged anyone who witnessed the incident to come forward and assist the investigation.

The probe is being conducted under Section 323 of the Penal Code for voluntarily causing hurt and Section 506 for criminal intimidation.

 

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Cross-border petrol smuggling bid foiled in Semporna
Senior Citizens Bill timely as life expectancy, challenges of ageing increase, says Lam Thye
Malaysia working to ensure energy supply security until December, says Fadillah
Two suspected 'Geng Shafik' members among five charged with migrant smuggling
Malaysia’s top 7 global trust ranking shows nation on right track, says Nga
No compromise on sexual misconduct, says Johor Education Dept
Johor cops detain man for allegedly molesting pupil
Three dead, one seriously hurt after car crashes into cement lorry on Karak Highway
Penang braces for 1.9 million vehicles amid holiday rush, police intensify traffic ops
Two held over deadly helium cylinder blast in Sg Petani

Others Also Read