Civil servant detained in RM500,000 false claims probe


KUALA LUMPUR: Another suspect has been detained in connection with an investigation into the submission of documents containing false particulars involving claims of about RM500,000.

Sources said the man in his 40s was detained at about 3.30pm on Tuesday (Apr 21) when he turned up to give his statement at the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) office in Kota Kinabalu.

Initial investigations revealed that the suspect, who is a civil servant and a director of a contractor company, is believed to have conspired with the director of a construction company.

The latter was arrested on Monday (Apr 20).

"The suspect is being investigated in relation to the same case, involving the submission of documents containing false particulars to secure a cleaning services contract at a police office in the state, amounting to approximately RM500,000," the source said.

Sabah MACC director Datuk Mohd Fuad Bee Basrah confirmed the arrest. He added that the case is being investigated under Section 18 of the MACC Act 2009.

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Govt refining Subsidised Diesel Control System to make it more targeted, says Akmal
Two men fined RM1,300, ordered to do community service for littering
Malaysia's inflation rate remains stable, lower than regional peers
Penang govt has implemented 47 out of 50 manifesto pledges, says CM
Housewife charged again over offensive post against King
Penang Pakatan remains open to working with Barisan, says Chow
Barisan to continue maintaining understanding in Unity Govt, says Zambry
MBI Selangor denies involvement in Bernam Maritime Industrial Park project
Anti-sexual harassment tribunal resolved 69 cases so far this year, says Nancy
Court acquits former Perlis MB's son of RM19,505 false claim charge

Others Also Read