No official statement from MIC that they’re leaving BN, says Zahid


KUALA LUMPUR: MIC has not formally declared its exit from the Barisan Nasional coalition, says Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.

The Barisan chairman said there had been indications of communication with Perikatan Nasional, but MIC had since denied applying to join the Opposition coalition.

“They have not stated officially that they are leaving Barisan Nasional, although there was a letter sent to Perikatan Nasional.

“However, they have denied ever applying to join that party, even though the letter suggests otherwise,” he told reporters when met at Malaysian Indian Muslim Congress’ (Kimma) 46th Congress held at the World Trade Centre here on Saturday (April 18).

In March, it was reported that MIC had decided to remain in Barisan “for the time being”.

Previously, the party had indicated on several occasions that it was considering leaving the coalition, citing dissatisfaction with its political position, particularly after Umno, under Ahmad Zahid’s leadership, forged cooperation with Pakatan Harapan.

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Signs of change on the streets
Unhappy PKR lawmakers may opt for Bersama, say analysts
Analysts:�Voters will feel shortchanged by�resignations
Flower industry battles storm
Temporary stay only for refugees under DPP
Aqasha to play role of Hang Tuah in musical
Concerted effort to assist�floriculture industry
Major step for energy security
King grants audience to Anwar
Four drug rings crippled with seizures worth RM17.8mil

Others Also Read