Borders on alert in ongoing manhunt for prison escapee, says Sg Buloh OCPD


SUNGAI BULOH: The nation's borders are on alert following the ongoing manhunt to capture escaped convict Muhammad Hassan, says Supt Mohd Hafiz Muhammad Nor.

The Sungai Buloh OCPD said, in a statement Saturday (April 11), that the authorities at border entry and exit points had been notified of the escaped convict and that inspections have been tightened to prevent any escapes.

“Sungai Buloh police are still continuing efforts to locate and apprehend a remand prisoner who escaped from Sungai Buloh Prison.

“In addition, authorities responsible for guarding the country’s border entry points have been notified to remain vigilant and tighten inspections in case the escapee attempts to flee abroad.

“The police give an assurance that public safety remains under control. However, members of the public are advised to stay alert and not take matters lightly,” he said.

He added that the public are also advised not to speculate on the issue as it could disrupt public order.

“Any individual with information regarding the whereabouts of the detainee is urged to contact the investigating officer, Insp Muhendran Chandra at 010-430 4383 or the Search and Capture (SAC) Operations Room hotline at 03-6140 1096,” he said.

Previously, the police said that a manhunt for a Pakistani remand detainee who escaped from the prison on Thursday (April 9) had been launched.

The man, identified as Muhammad Hassan, 24, is facing several charges, including under Sections 377C (intercourse against the order of nature) and 392 (robbery) of the Penal Code, as well as immigration-related offences.

Police have also advised the public to remain vigilant as the detainee has a history of sexual offences against children.

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Escaped Immigration detainees easily identifiable with bright green uniforms, shaved heads
Indonesian police arrest 72 people suspected of starting forest fires
Immigration truck crash: 'I have to be strong for my mother'
No guerrilla incursion into Kelantan following south Thai attacks, says GOF
Second boy found drowned, search operation in Keningau ends
Almost RM730mil spent on welfare aid for seniors, OKU, chronically ill this year
Sabah eyes promoting fishing as an international niche sports tourism product
Police issue 75 summonses, seize 31 bikes in anti-illegal racing ops on Second Link
Four nabbed, 3.4 tonnes of cooking oil seized in raid on smuggling ring in Terengganu
Pedestrian killed crossing SPRINT Highway near Damansara toll

Others Also Read