Search ongoing for dismembered murder victim's arm and leg


KOTA KINABALU: Police are still looking for the last two missing body parts of a dismembered murder victim.

City acting OCPD Supt Syed Lot Syed Ab Rahman said the main suspect, a 71-year-old man, gave them the approximate location and efforts to find the remains are ongoing.

"As it is still early in the investigation, there are details we cannot reveal at the moment," he told the media after launching Ops Selamat in conjunction with Chinese New Year here on Wednesday (Feb 18).

The two missing parts are an arm and a leg.

ALSO READ: Four suspects nabbed in dismembered body case, say cops 

Four suspects, a father and his three children, are still under remand to help the investigation and the victim's post-mortem result is also pending, Supt Syed Lot said.

Once the investigation papers are completed, they will be referred to the prosecution for further instructions, he added.

It was reported earlier that a woman's arm, severed at the shoulder, was found at a dumpsite in Indah Permai near here at around 6.30am on Feb 12.

ALSO READ: From love to murder? 

More body parts were discovered at several other locations with the help of the police K9 unit.

A main suspect was subsequently arrested, followed by his son and later two other children.

The victim was said to be a woman in her 40s.

The murder has been linked to jealousy, a dispute over repayment of an engagement dowry, and other issues.

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Braking bad: Cops stop car on NSE carrying 30kg of meth, nab two childhood pals
Anwar: Don’t let disputes derail nation-building efforts
T'ganu beachgoers warned not to touch jellyfish that wash ashore
Ramadan a time to reflect and reset, says PM
Man loses over RM600,000 in investment scam
Body of missing firefighter’s brother found after 37-hours
Man killed, wife, three children injured in Pendang crash
Water supply schedule in Kluang, Pontian suspended for 48 hours
Festive spirit brings M’sians together
Ministry continues explaining Year One entry rules

Others Also Read