Sabah anti-drug convoy flags off in KK, spans until September


Chief Minister Datuk Seri Hajiji Noor giving the thumbs up with the convoy participants in Kota Kinabalu..

KOTA KINABALU: A convoy of 150 motorcycles and eight four-wheel drive (4WD) vehicles was flagged at Menara Kinabalu here by Chief Minister Datuk Seri Hajiji Noor today (Feb 16).

The Sabah Drug Free Aspiration Tour, spanning until September, is jointly organised by the National Anti-Drugs Agency, the Sabah Anti-Drugs Squad, Foodpanda, and the Employees Provident Fund (EPF).

It is aimed at raising awareness of drug abuse and the importance of a drug-free Sabah and wold culminate on Sept 6 at the Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS) in conjunction with Sabah Moto Day 9.0.

Chief Minister Datuk Seri Hajiji Noor flagging off the Anti-drug Awareness campaign convoy in Kota Kinabalu.
Chief Minister Datuk Seri Hajiji Noor flagging off the Anti-drug Awareness campaign convoy in Kota Kinabalu.

During the ceremony, the Chief Minister also handed over a contribution for RM531,350 state contribution to EPF for 10,627 e-hailing riders.

Previously, Hajiji called for stricter enforcement and tighter border controls after police busted a drug operation dubbed the largest ever in the state.

Hajiji said that Sabah “will not allow” itself not only to become a transit point for international narcotics syndicates and also such drugs should be kept away from the local communities.

Police last week revealed its largest seizure over three-tonnes of drugs with street value of RM240mil in two separate operations in Kota Kinabalu, Penampang and Sepanggar, as well as in Selangor, following months of intelligence gathering.

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Sabah , Kota Kinabalu , Hajiji Noor , Convoy , Anti-Drug

Next In Nation

MetMalaysia:Thunderstorm warning across Malaysia until 6pm
KK City Hall plans heritage gallery
New govt policy speeds up bankruptcy discharge for four groups
Border Control Agency foils attempt to smuggle 2.09 tonnes of produce from Thailand
Shamsul Iskandar seeks to move graft trial to High Court
Mother of four fined RM2,500 for prostitution-related offence in Melaka
Agong warns graft offenders: ‘No one is above the law’
Johor appoints new State Secretary and State Financial Officer in leadership transition
Lion, dragon convoy draws 5,000 in Sandakan CNY first
Cases of counterfeit money detected at top-up counters, says expressway operator

Others Also Read