Another 96 illegal jetties along Sungai Golok to be demolished by March, says NSC


PASIR MAS: The Kelantan National Security Council (NSC) expects another 96 illegal jetties, built on government land along Sungai Golok, to be demolished by March this year.

Kelantan NSC Director Datuk Mohd A Aruwan Ab Aziz said that, to date, 25 jetties have been demolished here and in Tumpat.

"Currently, there are a total of 223 illegal jetties; however, our focus is on demolishing the structured illegal jetties. The demolition process is still being carried out in stages, considering the high number of illegal jetties identified along Sungai Golok," he told reporters at the General Operations Force (GOF) Pok Teh Kana Post here on Monday (Jan 12).

Earlier, the Deputy NSC director-general of National Security (Security Management) Badrul Shah Mohd Idris spent approximately three hours visiting the Sungai Golok Border Land Acquisition and Security Fence Construction Project.

Commenting further, Mohd A Aruwan said that previous demolition operations had proceeded smoothly due to excellent cooperation between federal and state government agencies.

"Throughout the Northeast Monsoon season, demolition work had to be halted due to safety factors and will resume once weather conditions are under control and without heavy rain.

"At this time, priority is given to demolishing jetties built on government-owned land, and the process is running smoothly," he said.

He added that actions regarding jetties located on private land will be discussed further to ensure the demolition process can be conducted in an orderly manner.

Previously, Kelantan police chief Datuk Mohd Yusoff Mamat stated that the closure of the border via illegal bases since December 2024 has shown a significant decrease in cross-border crime cases. - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Eight areas in Sabah hit by dry spell
Eviction ruling on Undang Rembau, Sungei Ujong official residences set for Aug 24
Water supply in dams well under control, says SPAN as El Nino heralds dry months ahead
KL, Manila discuss expediting repatriation of over 5,000 immigration detainees in Sabah
Lawyer files bid to add RCI report as fresh evidence in Dr M’s Pulau Batu Puteh hearing
FashionValet received RM19.6mil from Khazanah in 2018, court told
Cop jailed eight years for drunk driving, fined RM40,000
Home Ministry to submit refugee data by year-end
Ex-Sabah hospital director seeks fairness over transfer in sexual harassment probe
Roof of science lab at Kuala Pilah school collapses

Others Also Read