Vice Admiral Sabri Zali denies corruption allegations by Chegubard


Screengrab from a video.

KUALA LUMPUR: Vice Admiral Datuk Sabri Zali has vehemently denied allegations made against him by an individual known as Chegubard.

Sinar Harian reported that Sabri Zali held a special press conference at the National Defence Studies Centre (Puspahanas) on Friday (Jan 2) to clarify the issue and address any misunderstandings following the accusations.

According to a statement, the press conference at 11am was held to provide factual information and reaffirm commitment to the principles of transparency and integrity.

His legal advisor, Mohd Firdaus Jamaludin, said all the allegations that have gone viral are baseless and speculative, tarnishing the reputation of Puspahanas and Sabri Zali.

On Thursday (Jan 1), activist Badrul Hisham Shaharin, better known as Chegubard, who first accused a senior Malaysian Army officer of bribery, vowed to release "classified" files over alleged "inaction" by authorities in the case.

The Port Dickson Bersatu chief told a press conference that he saw "no action being taken" after the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) raided the officer's home and residence.

Last week, MACC raided the official's office and residence, seizing luxury watches and handbags. Graft busters also froze the officer's accounts and those of his family members.

At a press conference outside the federal police headquarters in Bukit Aman on Dec 31 last year (2025), Badrul Hisham questioned the lack of detailed updates from MACC on the case. He also claimed the senior army officer was not the only one involved in corruption, alleging a cartel that included other military members.

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Welfare Dept to take custody of baby who tested positive for drugs
Scammers shifting to RCS, iMessage to spread phishing URLs, says MCMC
Putrajaya to prevent future disputes over Sabah blue economy
Anwar to attend Annual Leaders' Consultation during two-day working visit to Brunei
Driver killed after lorry crashes into drain near Ayer Hitam school
Melaka BN being courted like a 'maiden' ahead of state polls, says Ab Rauf
Anwar to make important announcements on Aug 30, Sept 16
Kedah MB's ex-political secretary ordered to enter defence in bribery case
Ex-1MDB CEO doesn't know why allegations in separate suit changed, court hears
SC wins suit, five individuals ordered to pay RM103.75mil

Others Also Read