JB cops investigating after man found dead, believed to have fallen from hotel


JOHOR BARU: A 50-year-old man was found dead after he is believed to have fallen from the highest floor of a hotel at Jalan Dato Sulaiman on Wednesday (Dec 17) near here.

Johor Baru OCPD Asst Comm Raub Selamat said the police received an emergency call in regard to the incident at 11am after an unconscious body was found lying in front of the hotel.

“We deployed our men to the scene and the deceased; a local man, was pronounced dead at the site," he said in a statement.

ACP Raub said initial investigations found that there were no crime-related injuries on the body which caused the death.

He added footage from the hotel’s CCTV showed the victim had plunged from the top floor of the building and the case has been classified as sudden death.

“Records showed the victim has been staying at the hotel for the past nine days," said ACP Raub, adding that the body had been sent to Sultanah Aminah Hospital for an autopsy.

He said police had informed the victim’s family members and advised the public to refrain from making any speculations which could interfere with the investigation.

“We will update the progress of the investigation including the additional information needed for public knowledge," said ACP Raub.

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Man , Dead , Fall , Hotel , Probe , Raub Selamat , Johor Baru

Next In Nation

JPJ to intensify drone use to detect traffic offences over Aidiladha period
PM Anwar holds phone call with Tamil Nadu chief minister Vijay
Onn Hafiz says he was target of sophisticated 'mercenary spyware' attack
Teacher detained to assist probe into sexual assault of schoolboy in Mersing
Debt collector pleads guilty to sexual assault, wrongful confinement and robbery
GSF 2.0: Released Malaysians safe in Istanbul, expected home on Sunday
Reform task force recommends using local firms to advise govt, digitalise more services�
PAS issues gag order on members over party ties issue
Bersama to contest in Pakatan, BN and Perikatan strongholds, says Nik Nazmi
MACC to appeal Singapore dismissal of RM548mil asset restraining order

Others Also Read