Durian Tunggal shooting: Phone taken to extract audio recording for forensic probe


KUALA LUMPUR: The Digital Ministry’s Forensic Department has taken a mobile phone belonging to one of the families of the Durian Tunggal shooting victims to extract an audio recording and collect voice samples for authentication.

The families’ lawyer Rajesh Nagarajan said the device, which belongs to Jayashree, the wife of victim G. Logeswaran, contained a 13-minute audio clip that was considered a key piece of evidence in the investigation into the deaths of three men who were shot while in police custody in Durian Tunggal, Melaka.

“Currently, two of the three family members have completed their statements at Bukit Aman under Section 112 of the Criminal Procedure Code, while Jayashree is still inside giving her account with a lawyer present,” he told reporters.

He added that the police acted professionally during the statement, taking and that no pressure was exerted on the family. Statements were recorded by three officers from the Bukit Aman Criminal Investigation Department (CID) to expedite the process.

However, the lawyers expressed disappointment, saying that several crucial questions put forward during the meeting remained unanswered.

Among them was whether the case had been classified under Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder, as well as the status of the police personnel involved in the shooting, including whether they had been suspended, placed under investigation, or removed from duty pending the probe.

“We are quite disappointed that no answers were given,” said Rajesh Nagarajan, highlighting the family’s frustration over the lack of transparency.

He also raised concern over the Special Task Force assigned to the case, noting that the family was only informed of the rank of Senior Assistant Commissioner, while the names and full list of officers involved were not disclosed.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Immigration Dept detains 24 foreigners in anti-prostitution raid
Fuel prices May 21-27: Diesel, unsubsidised RON95, RON97 prices increased
IJM Corp share acquisition: Two individuals under MACC investigation
Royal Press Office urges stern action over fake TikTok account impersonating, insulting King
Malaysia awaiting results of Saudi probe into detention of five Malaysians in Mecca
MACC seeks AGC's assistance to contact individuals in Taiwan, UK on RM1.1bil investment case
Govt urged to include tour buses under diesel subsidy scheme
No need for by-elections for Pandan and Setiawangsa, says EC
Coroner's court: Uncle describes close bond between Zara Qairina, mother
Selangor PBM members quit because 'promises never materialised', says Sng

Others Also Read