School stabbing: Special committee set up to ensure thorough investigation, says Fadhlina


PETALING JAYA: Education Minister Fadhlina Sidek said a special committee has been established to ensure that all aspects related to the stabbing case involving two students are investigated thoroughly, transparently, and fairly.

In a statement on Tuesday (Oct 14), she said the case is currently under police investigation and confirmed that the suspect has been detained.

"The ministry will fully cooperate in the ongoing investigation," she said.

"The ministry also extends its condolences to the family of the student who was fatally stabbed at the school today.

"May the family be granted strength and patience in facing this difficult time," she said.

She also said a team of counsellors and guidance and counselling teachers has been mobilised to provide psychosocial support interventions for the students, teachers, and the entire school community affected by the incident.

Earlier on Tuesday (Oct 14), a female student from a school in Bandar Utama died after she was allegedly stabbed by a male student.

The incident is believed to have taken place at around 9.30am, after the boy reportedly brought a sharp weapon, believed to be a knife, to school.

According to initial information, the suspect is believed to have attacked and stabbed the victim during school hours.

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Immigration lorry hit by car just before fatal crash, say cops
Former 1MDB CEO denies deal with late Sri Ram to testify in favour of company
Suing ex-MACC chief, AG not an act of revenge, says Shahrir
Bersama’s Ayer Keroh candidate draws on multicultural roots to reach voters
Immigration lorry crash: Family calls for answers, transparent probe
Mara reviewing student outing rules after missing girls incident
2026 SPMU results available from Aug 20
Seven areas in Sarawak record unhealthy API readings at 4pm
Mother of drug-positive baby not an addict, say Kelantan cops
Cops hunting four suspects following cable theft attempt in JB

Others Also Read