Ministry targets two new records for nationwide Clean-up Day


Hands on: Nga carrying out cleaning efforts at the pre-launch ceremony of Malaysia Clean-up Day 2025 at Pasar Seni. — Bernama

KUALA LUMPUR: The Housing and Local Government Ministry is targeting over 100,000 participants for the upcoming Malaysia Clean-up Day (HCM) 2025 programme.

Minister Nga Kor Ming said apart from surpassing last year’s record of 58,000 participants in the nationwide gotong-royong on Saturday, the ministry also aims to collect at least 3,000kg of used cooking oil to set two new Malaysia Book of Records entries.

He said the national-level event was scheduled to take place at Pantai Cahaya Negeri in Port Dickson, with simultaneous activities across the country.

“The Cabinet has unanimously agreed to elevate HCM as a national programme involving agencies, departments, GLCs, NGOs and schools through a whole-of-nation approach,” he told  reporters at the HCM 2025 pre-launch event here yesterday, Bernama reported.

Nga said the initiative would not only raise public awareness on cleanliness but also support the Visit Malaysia 2026 campaign.

He said the success of this year’s programme would further boost Malaysia’s global image, especially ahead of the Asean Summit in Kuala Lumpur next month.

“Every Malaysian has a responsibility to keep the country clean, ensuring that waste is disposed of properly and not dumped into drains which can cause flash floods,” he said.

During the inaugural HCM last year, the ministry recorded three Malaysia Book of Records achievements – largest simultaneous gotong-royong with 58,007 participants, heaviest collection of solid waste at 4,645.50 tonnes and longest gotong-royong duration of 12 hours.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
TAGS: KPKT , HCM , cleanliness , Nga Kor Ming

Next In Nation

Selangor Sultan urges state govt to continue prioritising people's well-being
Illegal gold mining threatens lives, environment, says Kelantan MB
Smart campus tech framework to drive UKKM development, says Sim
Kota Baru man found dead in bathroom
GSF 2.0: All 428 activists released, Malaysians expected home on May 24
Royal decree should be viewed as guidance, not political interference, says Tengku Zafrul
Man found dead in pool of blood outside Pekan Nenas restaurant
Federal Highway motorcycle lane upgrade to be done in August
Gold mining tragedy in Jeli leaves pregnant mother of four widowed
Jakoa denies restricting entry of outsiders into Orang Asli villages

Others Also Read