Cops uncover positive leads in probe on assault involving Rafizi's son


KUALA LUMPUR: Police have found several positive leads in tracking down the suspects involved in the assault of Pandan MP Datuk Seri Rafizi Ramli's son at a shopping mall in Putrajaya on Wednesday (Aug 13).

Selangor police chief Comm Datuk Shazeli Kahar said the leads were obtained following examination and review of closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage around the shopping area.

"There are leads from the CCTV recordings, but not fully at this time," he said when contacted by Bernama Saturday (Aug 16).

So far, he said, 14 individuals had been called to assist in the investigation into the assault.

Comm Shazeli said police were also investigating a threat message received by Rafizi's wife in relation to the incident, confirming that it was the first time the former economy minister's wife had received such a message via WhatsApp.

The report on the threat was lodged by Rafizi's wife, and investigations are ongoing with the assistance of related agencies, including the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC).

On Wednesday, the police confirmed the son of the former PKR deputy president was assaulted in an incident at about 2pm at the pick-up and drop-off area of a shopping mall in Putrajaya.

Rafizi claimed the attack involved two men dressed in black and wearing helmets who arrived on a motorcycle, with one of them allegedly dragging his son before pricking him with a syringe. - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Police , Rafizi Ramli , Assault , Son , Statement

Next In Nation

Escaped Immigration detainees easily identifiable with bright green uniforms, shaved heads
Indonesian police arrest 72 people suspected of starting forest fires
Immigration truck crash: 'I have to be strong for my mother'
No guerrilla incursion into Kelantan following south Thai attacks, says GOF
Second boy found drowned, search operation in Keningau ends
Almost RM730mil spent on welfare aid for seniors, OKU, chronically ill this year
Sabah eyes promoting fishing as an international niche sports tourism product
Police issue 75 summonses, seize 31 bikes in anti-illegal racing ops on Second Link
Four nabbed, 3.4 tonnes of cooking oil seized in raid on smuggling ring in Terengganu
Pedestrian killed crossing SPRINT Highway near Damansara toll

Others Also Read