‘Chicken bone’ influencers freed on police bail


SEREMBAN: Three young friends who had been remanded on Tuesday to assist in investigations for giving rice with chicken bones to a homeless man have been released on police bail.

Seremban OCPD Asst Comm Mohamad Hatta Che Din said the three aged 19,18 and 14 were brought here from Johor Baru on Tuesday to be remanded.

"They have been released after their statements were recorded.

"Although the three are from Johor Baru a report related to the incident was made here," he said.

ALSO READ: MCMC questions influencer trio over 'leftovers' video

ACP Mohamad Hatta said the three were being probed under Section 504 of the Penal Code, Section 14 of the Minor Offences Act 1955 and Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1988.

In a video clip that went viral, the trio, believed to be influencers, were first seen eating at a fast food restaurant and then placing chicken bones in a pack of rice.

They then hand it to a homeless man who was sleeping on the sidewalk.

The man appeared shocked after opening the packet but responded with a simple gesture of thanks.

ALSO READ: Trio get picked to pieces online for ‘feeding leftovers’ stunt

Following backlash from netizens, the trio later issued an apology. They claimed the man had been informed about the filming beforehand and had consented to it.

They also claimed that they had given him a full meal of chicken with rice earlier.

On Tuesday (Aug 5), the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) in a statement said it had questioned the three over the matter.

It said the trio had their statements recorded at Iskandar Puteri police headquarters in Johor.

The MCMC had also seized three mobile phones and SIM cards from the three.

The commission described the video as "extremely offensive" and said the actions of the three youth had sparked criticism and touched on sensitive matters.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Cop linked to Langkawi drug syndicate transferred pending probe
Malaysia-Turkiye ties key to expanding strategic cooperation, says PM Anwar
Man likely stabbed woman in neck because he was jilted, say Kedah cops
Tanjung Embang recommended as site for New Kuching International Airport
Labuan fishing vessel owners lodge police report over lorry arson, vandalism
Gold Li Holdings Bhd celebrates successful ACE Market entry
Almost 170 tonnes of frozen meat seized in Kajang
Kuching Urban Transportation System to start pilot run in Q4
Semiconductor supply chains stable despite disruptions, says Amir Hamzah
Boat carrying migrants sinks near Selangor; three missing

Others Also Read