Jais detains six over deviant 'semi-naked dancing' event


SHAH ALAM: The Selangor Islamic Religious Department (JAIS) has detained six individuals in connection with the controversial eHati marriage motivation programme held from Sept 27-30 last year at a convention centre here.

JAIS director Datuk Mohd Shahzihan Ahmad said the suspects, two men and four women aged between 26 and 47, were picked up in Shah Alam on July 18.

He said investigations were opened under Sections 7 (false doctrine), 8 (false claims), 10 (insulting Islam) and 16 (unauthorised religious publications) of the Syariah Criminal Offences (Selangor) Enactment 1995.

"The investigation was launched following suspicions that a ritual or ceremony contrary to Islamic teachings was held during the programme,” he said in a statement on Thursday (July 24).

To date, JAIS has recorded statements from 38 witnesses and identified 282 participants whose statements will also be taken. Three books and three VCDs seized from the event have been submitted to the Selangor Mufti Department for review.

He said a comprehensive investigation into the programme’s full content and module is ongoing, and findings will be submitted to the Selangor Syariah Prosecution Department for further action.

On July 16, Selangor police chief Comm Datuk Hussein Omar Khan confirmed reports of nude scenes involving four women during a segment called ‘Queens Night’.

That same day, six individuals, including the husband-and-wife founders of the programme and their child, were remanded for three days to assist in a separate investigation into indecent behaviour and minor offences.- Bernama

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Fahmi: No issue with using MyKad for social media age verification
E-hailing driver gets 30 years, 25 strokes of the cane for drug trafficking
Incident at PH convention regrettable, media should have space to do its job, says Fahmi
Malaysia seventh most trusted nation in the world, says study
Unity govt components committed to seeing its term through, says Fahmi
KVDT2 upgrade expected to be completed two years ahead of schedule, says KTMB
Modura debuts to bridge the gap between mass-market and premium home cabinetry in Malaysia
Lifetime ban for developers who abuse cement subsidy, says minister
Retiree loses RM14,000 to scammers on TikTok
King bestows Johor honours on Che' Puan Mahkota Khaleeda, Raja Muda

Others Also Read