Mohd Fuad is first Sabahan to be the state's MACC director


KOTA KINABALU: The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission's (MACC) Penang director, Datuk Mohd Fuad Bee Basrah, is set to take over as Sabah MACC director, replacing Datuk Karunanithy Subbiah.

Fuad, the first Sabahan to hold the post, is expected to take over in the first week of August, according to MACC officials, as congratulatory messages were shared on social media.

Karunanithy, the longest-serving director at Sabah MACC, having held the position since March 2019, will be the commission's Penang director.

Fuad had previously served in Sabah and was an integrity officer with the Chief Minister's Department in 2019.

Most state MACC directors serve two to three years in each posting.

A predecessor, Abdul Aziz Abdul Jalil, also served for about six years as the state director between 1970 and 1976, when the graft-buster was still the Anti-Corruption Agency.

When contacted on Monday (July 14), Karunanithy confirmed that he will be transferred and expects the handing over of duties ceremony to be on Aug 7.

"Many Sabahans will be happy and proud with Fuad's appointment as Sabah director," he said.

 

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Zara Qairina inquest: Victim claimed she was harassed by ‘tomboy’ student
Six nabbed for murder in Ipoh
BM remains official language for patient records, says Health Dept
Selangor Opposition wants Seri Kembangan rep to apologise over remarks, backs Selangor Ruler’s decree
State Umno supports Selangor Sultan's call to uphold Rukun Negara
New Malaysian passport to be issued from June 1, features 94 security elements
Over 19,000 illegal immigrants deported in 2026
GSF2.0: 25 Malaysians among those detained by Israeli military
Duo remanded over misuse of public funds totalling RM800,000
Govt hopes opposition MPs will support bill to limit PM’s tenure

Others Also Read