Five students released as MRSM bullying case probe nears completion


BESUT: The investigation into a bullying case involving two Form Two students from Maktab Rendah Sains Mara (MRSM) is now in its final stages.

Besut police chief, Superintendent Azamuddin Ahmad @ Abu, said five out of the seven remanded students were released on police bail on Sunday (June 29) and the remaining two will be released on Monday, reported Sinar Harian

He said the investigating officer would contact families of students involved for their release.

"Currently, the investigation is ongoing with the collection of several documents and additional information, including student performance reports, medical reports and locating witnesses.

"The investigation paper is also being completed before it is referred to the Deputy Public Prosecutor for further action," he said in a statement on Sunday.

Previously, five students were remanded for three days over alleged bullying of a Form Two MRSM student.

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
MSRM , Bullying , Remand , Release , Police

Next In Nation

Selangor Sultan receives RM11.47mil in business tithe contributions
Over 1,000 displaced as floods worsen in Sabah’s north, Pitas emerges as worst-hit
'Don't shoot the messenger', says Nurul Izzah in urging authorities to probe allegations into MACC chief's alleged shareholdings
Anwar holds talks with Singapore PM Lawrence Wong
ROS refutes allegations of power abuse by MIPP
Cops on the hunt for duo who broke into Sitiawan mosque, stole from donation boxes
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah to be held this year, says Fuziah
Malaysia looks forward to close cooperation with new Bangladesh leadership, says Anwar
More than a gimmick, 'roti pocong' a hit at Paroi Ramadan bazaar
Melaka assembly may dissolve in April, state poll expected in June

Others Also Read