British man missing in KL since last week


KUALA LUMPUR: The disappearance of Jordan Johnson-Doyle (pic) a week ago has left his family distraught.

The bespectacled, brown-haired Briton was last seen in Healy Mac’s Irish Bar in Bangsar at 8pm last Tuesday, when he sent his best friend Owen a photograph of the pub’s quiz night poster, reported the United Kingdom’s Daily Mail.

The daily reported that the 25-year-old software engineer had been on a solo trip to the Mediterranean and South-East Asia while working remotely for about a year and a half.

The medium-built, 180cm-tall man arrived in Malaysia on May 17 and is believed to have been staying at Robertson Residences Bukit Bintang before vanishing without a trace.

Daily Mail quoted Johnson’s mother, Leanne Burnett, 44, as saying that she first became concerned after failing to reach her son for their daily call last Tuesday. She spoke to him on May 26, talking about their usual work matters, adding that he sounded normal.

Her concern intensified after further attempts to get in touch with her son via phone and social media failed, with her son’s phone believed to have gone dead since May 30.

According to Burnett, based on the “Find My iPhone” tracking service, the phone was last located at a residential flat near Healy Mac’s on May 28.

Burnett and the rest of the Johnson family have since posted on various social media sites for leads on the missing person.

“My son is missing in Kuala Lumpur. Please help us find him; all his family and friends are so worried. Please, please share share share.

“If you have any information, no matter how small, please DM me directly or WhatsApp on +44 7754718679,” wrote Burnett on a Malaysian missing persons Facebook group on May 31.

The distressed mother also told the daily that family members, including herself, as well as friends, are travelling to Malaysia to search for Johnson.

The family has already lodged reports with the British High Commission and the police and are appealing for public assistance in the search.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

No guerrilla incursion into Kelantan following south Thai attacks, says GOF
Second boy found drowned, search operation in Keningau ends
Almost RM730mil spent on welfare aid for seniors, OKU, chronically ill this year
Sabah eyes promoting fishing as an international niche sports tourism product
Police issue 75 summonses, seize 31 bikes in anti-illegal racing ops on Second Link
Four nabbed, 3.4 tonnes of cooking oil seized in raid on smuggling ring in Terengganu
Pedestrian killed crossing SPRINT Highway near Damansara toll
Puteri Umno hopes to field candidates in Melaka polls
Suspect nabbed in PJ over allegedly seditious posts
Chukai's Teluk Kalong beach hit by coal pollution again

Others Also Read