Kuching cops remand six to investigate fatal shooting


KUCHING: Police have remanded six men, aged 21 to 45, on Sunday (April 27) to assist investigations into the fatal shooting of a man, 34, here on Saturday.

Three suspects were remanded for four days, while the other three were remanded for seven days at the Magistrate's Court here on Sunday.

Padawan district police chief Supt Mohd Irwan Hafiz Md Radzi had said that the victim was believed to have died by gunshot while in a car in Jalan Stephen Yong and that the case was being investigated under Section 302 of the Penal Code.

Two men showed up at the Batu Kawa police station at 5.30am on Saturday informing the police that a friend of theirs had been shot and was in the car they were in, he added. - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Anwar hosts reception for Singapore PM Wong, discusses efforts to strengthen ties
Selangor Sultan receives RM11.47mil in business tithe contributions
Over 1,000 displaced as floods worsen in Sabah’s north, Pitas emerges as worst-hit
'Don't shoot the messenger', says Nurul Izzah in urging authorities to probe allegations into MACC chief's alleged shareholdings
Anwar holds talks with Singapore PM Lawrence Wong
ROS refutes allegations of power abuse by MIPP
Cops on the hunt for duo who broke into Sitiawan mosque, stole from donation boxes
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah to be held this year, says Fuziah
Malaysia looks forward to close cooperation with new Bangladesh leadership, says Anwar
More than a gimmick, 'roti pocong' a hit at Paroi Ramadan bazaar

Others Also Read