Putra Heights Mosque relief centre officially closed today


KUALA LUMPUR: The temporary relief centre (PPS) at the Putra Heights Mosque Multipurpose Hall, which was set up to shelter victims of the recent gas pipeline fire, was officially closed at 2.30pm on Sunday (April 13).

Petaling district officer Huzunul Khaidil Mohammed, who is also the chairman of the District Disaster Management Committee, said a total of 210 victims, from 60 families, began vacating the PPS earlier this morning, with the final evacuees leaving by 2pm.

"Alhamdulillah, as of today, all 613 affected families have returned to their homes," he told Bernama when met at the PPS at Putra Heights Mosque, earlier on Sunday.

He added that victims whose homes were severely damaged or destroyed have been relocated to rental units and Airbnb accommodations, sponsored by the Selangor government. In addition, they have received essential supplies, including a month's worth of rice and other basic necessities.

Huzunul Khaidil also expressed gratitude to all agencies and volunteers involved in coordinating the relocation process at the Putra Heights Mosque Multipurpose Hall and the Subang Jaya City Council Camelia Hall.

The Camelia Hall, which housed 60 victims from 16 families, was officially closed on April 9, following the disbursement of state government aid and the return of several families to their homes. – Bernama

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Over 1,000 displaced as floods worsen in Sabah’s north, Pitas emerges as worst-hit
'Don't shoot the messenger', says Nurul Izzah in urging authorities to probe allegations into MACC chief's alleged shareholdings
Anwar holds talks with Singapore PM Lawrence Wong
ROS refutes allegations of power abuse by MIPP
Cops on the hunt for duo who broke into Sitiawan mosque, stole from donation boxes
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah to be held this year, says Fuziah
Malaysia looks forward to close cooperation with new Bangladesh leadership, says Anwar
More than a gimmick, 'roti pocong' a hit at Paroi Ramadan bazaar
Melaka assembly may dissolve in April, state poll expected in June
Plight of two families in Banting fire draws Anwar's attention

Others Also Read