Sabah flood: Number of victims increased to 3,768 people at noon


KOTA KINABALU: The total number of flood victims in Sabah has increased to 3,768 as of noon on Saturday, compared to 3,685 in the morning.

The Sabah State Disaster Management Committee Secretariat, in a statement, said the Pitas district recorded an increase in the number of victims to 1,653 people (621 families), up from 1,515 people (593 families) on Saturday morning.

According to the statement, the number of victims in Kota Marudu showed a decrease to 1,923 people from 778 families compared to 1,978 people from 925 families previously.

The flood situation in Paitan has not changed, with 192 people from 75 families still at the evacuation centres.

All the victims, involving 1,474 families, are at 18 operating relief centres.

Overall, the flood disaster in the three districts has affected 47 villages, but no casualties or deaths have been reported so far. – Bernama

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
flood , Sabah , victims , PPS , families , JPBN

Next In Nation

TB outbreak: Mask up at crowded places like Ramadan bazaars, public urged
Public inspection for LRT Mutiara Line extension linking Penang Island, Seberang Perai
12 police personnel suspended over cryptocurrency theft
Bill to cap PM’s term at 10 years to be tabled on Monday
Cops nab man connected to 2025 intimidation case
Police to call several individuals in probe over alleged share ownership by Azam Baki
DAP special congress is part of party's internal process, says Fahmi
Prioritise welfare of police personnel, says Dr Wan Azizah
Traffic slows on major expressways as at noon
Building tech ecosystem to help Perak SMEs compete

Others Also Read