Putra Heights inferno: Safety concerns preventing on-site probe at ground zero, says S'gor MB


PUTRA HEIGHTS: Ongoing safety concerns have prevented ground zero technical on-site investigations and inspections of the destructive Putra Heights gas pipeline fire, says Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari.

The Selangor Mentri Besar said safety concerns included the recent constant fluctuating weather conditions of heavy rain in Selangor over the last few days.

“There is also concern over the unstable ground at ground zero after the explosion exposed the earth.

“The worry is that the soft exposed soil will result in investigators tripping and falling,” he said during a press conference at the Putra Heights Mosque victim relief centre on Friday (April 11).

As a result of this, he said any technical investigation of the incident has so far focused on analysis of technical documentation surrounding the incident.

He added that a full technical report on the fire is expected to only be complete earliest by the middle of May.

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Water supply in dams well under control, says SPAN as El Nino heralds dry months ahead
KL, Manila discuss expediting repatriation of over 5,000 immigration detainees in Sabah
Lawyer files bid to add RCI report as fresh evidence in Dr M’s Pulau Batu Puteh hearing
FashionValet received RM19.6mil from Khazanah in 2018, court told
Cop jailed eight years for drunk driving, fined RM40,000
Home Ministry to submit refugee data by year-end
Ex-Sabah hospital director seeks fairness over transfer in sexual harassment probe
Roof of science lab at Kuala Pilah school collapses
Melaka CM a 'great friend' of mine, says Saifuddin as he stays coy on possible BN-PH tie-up for state polls
Penang Customs seizes about RM2.5mil worth of illicit ciggies, booze in three separate raids

Others Also Read