Alleged assault case by soldier on woman driver transferred to police


SEREMBAN: The army has transferred the investigation into one of its personnel who allegedly assaulted a female driver on Jalan Persiaran Senawang 4 last Saturday (March 29) to the police.

Army Chief General Tan Sri Muhammad Hafizuddeain Jantan said the army is closely monitoring the case and takes any behaviour that could tarnish its image seriously.

"The individual is still under investigation. I dare not speculate or comment further. Let the police conclude the investigation," he said when contacted on Tuesday.

On Monday, Seremban police chief ACP Mohamad Hatta Che Din reported that the 35-year-old soldier had been released on police bail, with the case referred to the Bukit Aman police headquarters.

The man was arrested after allegedly assaulting the 28-year-old woman, causing bruising on her right rib and swelling on the back of her head.

The incident occurred around 10.15pm when the woman, driving a sedan, failed to avoid the man's wife, 34, and their seven-year-old daughter, who suddenly crossed the road, resulting in minor injuries to both. - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

STPM candidates evacuated from flood-hit villages in Paitan
Missing angler in Pontian identified as 56YO subcontractor
GOF: RM3.37mil in e-waste seized in Seberang Prai raid
PAS spiritual leader Hashim Jasin in ICU at Penang Hospital after stent procedure
JPJ issues 456 notices in CNY motorcycle operation at Sentul Pasar toll
RM3.5mil lost to love scams in January 2026, says cops
Man slashes another over parking space dispute in Cheras
Azam gives statement on shareholding issue to special probe panel
Sahur turns tragic as fire razes four homes in Kepala Batas
MACC detains T'ganu exco man in abuse of power probe

Others Also Read