Cops gun down three robbers behind spate of house break-ins in Selangor, KL and Negri


SEPANG: Three foreign robbers were shot dead after attacking a team of policemen at Desa Vista.

The police were deployed following a house break-in in the area at about 3am on Friday (March 14).

Bukit Aman deputy Criminal Investigation Department (CID) director Deputy Comm Datuk Fadil Marsus said the house owner alerted the police after the house alarm was triggered.

"A CID officer was deployed to track down the suspects and managed to corner them at a wilderness area near a water tank in the area.

"The suspects aged between 35 and 40 attacked the police personnel using machetes before they were shot," he said when met at the crime scene on Friday.

DCP Fadil said the suspects were active in robberies and house break-ins in Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and Negri Sembilan involving almost RM1mil in losses.

"The suspects also acted violently by injuring victims during house break-ins in Sungai Buloh by slashing a victim.

"Checks revealed the suspects were responsible for 17 cases since early last year, including three cases during the Ramadan month," he said.

DCP Fadil said all suspects would go back to their home country after committing the crimes and will return to Malaysia to continue their crime spree.

"We are tracking down two more suspects believed to be from the same robbery gang.

"The bodies were brought to Serdang Hospital for postmortem," he said.

DCP Fadil warned that the police will not compromise in taking action against anyone who commit crimes, especially violent ones.

"We will look for them anywhere.

"We will take stern action against those who dare to commit violent crimes in the country," he said.

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Robbers , shot , dead , police , Fadil Marsus , Desa Vista

Next In Nation

Johor declares May 25 a state holiday following JDT's Malaysia Cup win
Queen arrives in Turkiye for three-day special visit
Police hunt two brothers over theft of cash box from budget rice seller
No enforcement on non-Muslim houses of worship pending guideline review
Teenage girl reported missing during hike in Tanjong Malim
Pakatan forms three sub-committees to gear up Penang for GE16
PAS to meet before Aidiladha to deliberate continued Bersatu cooperation
Sabah PKR youth unfazed by exit of two division chiefs
Record number of 347,000 train tickets on sale for holiday period
Bipartisan committee can help expedite MA63 issues, 40% revenue rights, says Bangkuai

Others Also Read