Visit Malaysia 2026: Malaysia hopes for more Chinese tourists arrivals, says Zahid


KUALA LUMPUR: In conjunction with the Visit Malaysia 2026 year, Malaysia hopes that more Chinese tourists will come and visit the country, says Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.

The Deputy Prime Minister highlighted that the recent largest drone show, which took place near the Petronas Twin Towers on Saturday (Jan 25), reflected the close ties and to celebrate 50 years of Malaysia-China diplomatic relations.

"Not only it is translated via Government-to-Government (G2G) but more importantly Business-to-Business (B2B) as well as people-to-people ties," he told reporters after attending the Chinese New Year celebration organised by MCA here on Wednesday (Jan 29).

"It will be further boosted with upcoming official visits between Malaysia and China," he added.

So far, according to Ahmad Zahid, the country has recorded an estimated 3.8 million combined visitors and tourists from China.

"We hope that this will further spur economic growth between Malaysia and China," said Ahmad Zahid.

The Visit Malaysia 2026 (VM2026) campaign was officially launched on Jan 6, featuring a fresh logo, mascots, a new theme song and an aircraft livery as part of efforts to elevate the country's tourism sector to new heights.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, who officiated the event, described the campaign as a transformative step towards positioning Malaysia as a world-class tourist destination while fostering inclusive growth across all states.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Man slashes another over parking space dispute in Cheras
Azam gives statement on shareholding issue to special probe panel
Sahur turns tragic as fire razes four homes in Kepala Batas
MACC detains T'ganu exco man in abuse of power probe
All four leaders expected to be at Perikatan Supreme Council meet today
SAR op ongoing for missing angler in Pontian
Miri man duped out of RM230,000 in fake investment scheme
Cops nab smash-and-grab suspect who targeted parked cars at MRT stations
Social media user hauled up over X post insulting Terengganu royal family
Domestic Trade Ministry mobilises 2,400 enforcement officers for Ops Pantau 2026

Others Also Read