IP on cop who allegedly made obscene gesture submitted to AGC, says KL police chief


KUALA LUMPUR: The investigation paper (IP) involving a policeman, who allegedly made an obscene gesture towards a woman during a protest last month, has been submitted to the Attorney General's Chambers (AGC).

Kuala Lumpur police chief Comm Datuk Rusdi Mohd Isa said the policeman, who is stationed in Wangsa Maju, is still on duty pending a decision from the AGC.

"For now, he is still on duty.

"We will take appropriate action once we have received further instructions from the AGC on the matter," he told a press conference after attending the Kuala Lumpur police monthly assembly on Friday (Jan 24).

It was reported that the police launched an internal investigation against a member of the force who allegedly made an obscene gesture towards a woman during a protest here on Dec 13.

Comm Rusdi had said his team has identified the police officer who is currently serving in the Kuala Lumpur area.

"The investigation has begun even though police have not received any report concerning the incident,” he said.

A post on social media by a woman alleging that a police officer made lewd gestures towards her while she was taking photographs during a human rights protest here had earlier gone viral.

The woman also claimed that the gesture directed at her was repeated several times by the police officer.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

RM1.7mil gone in 120 seconds: Robbers took only two minutes to rob Genting goldsmith
Forest fire breaks out near MAIS building in Shah Alam
Putting the rapid in RTS Link: Commuters can clear immigration in seconds, claims project director
Merdeka convoys must prioritise road safety, say police
Police obtain several leads in Seri Tambun shooting case
Man nabbed over threatening Facebook post, sword seized
‘No idea why I was dropped’: Former 1MDB CEO denies striking deal to have name removed from US$5.64bil suit
Increase Budi Diesel quota to 500 litres for Sabahans, urges state PKR Youth
Appeals court upholds RM3.4mil order against former Mara Corp group CEO
Sarawak’s sovereign data platform to strengthen AI capabilities, says Abang Jo

Others Also Read