MACC gets go-ahead to charge duo in highway projects graft probe


--fotoBERNAMA (2025) HAK CIPTA TERPELIHARA

PUTRAJAYA: Graftbusters have been given the green light to prosecute a senior management official of a highway concessionaire and a private company project manager with bribery involving several Klang Valley projects, says Tan Sri Azam Baki.

From an operation dubbed Ops Lintas, the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) chief commissioner said elements of corruption were found for a project on the Sungai Besi-Hulu Kelang expressway and another related to the Damansara-Shah Alam Elevated Expressway.

ALSO READ: MACC nabs COO of highway company

“MACC has obtained consent to prosecute the concessionaire’s chief operating officer on two charges under the MACC Act 2009.

“The project manager is expected to face three charges under the same Act,” he told a press conference here on Tuesday (Jan 21).

ALSO READ: Prolintas confirms 'personnel' remanded by MACC to help in graft investigations

Previously, it was reported that several people, including a senior management official of a highway concessionaire, were remanded for allegedly accepting bribes involving the construction of two highways in the Klang Valley.

Highway concessionaire Projek Lintasan Kota Holdings Sdn Bhd (Prolintas) later confirmed that its personnel had been remanded by MACC and that the company would give its full cooperation in the investigation.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Escaped Immigration detainees easily identifiable with bright green uniforms, shaved heads
Indonesian police arrest 72 people suspected of starting forest fires
Immigration truck crash: 'I have to be strong for my mother'
No guerrilla incursion into Kelantan following south Thai attacks, says GOF
Second boy found drowned, search operation in Keningau ends
Almost RM730mil spent on welfare aid for seniors, OKU, chronically ill this year
Sabah eyes promoting fishing as an international niche sports tourism product
Police issue 75 summonses, seize 31 bikes in anti-illegal racing ops on Second Link
Four nabbed, 3.4 tonnes of cooking oil seized in raid on smuggling ring in Terengganu
Pedestrian killed crossing SPRINT Highway near Damansara toll

Others Also Read