Kelantanese singer and five others facing drug charges arrive at Narathiwat court


PETALING JAYA: A well-known Kelantanese female singer and five Malaysians who were caught with 6,000 pills of syabu in Golok arrived at the Narathiwat district court on Tuesday.

All of them arrived at 9.10am in a truck to face drug charges against them.

The family members of the six Malaysians were nowhere to be seen.

According to Sinar Harian, the case is expected to begin at 1pm Thailand time.

The portal had earlier reported that the popular singer was among six people believed to have been arrested in a raid at a hotel in Golok last November.

The detention of the 20-year-old singer with five others was to assist in the investigation regarding the seizure of 6,000 syabu pills.

All detained also tested positive for methamphetamine.

The six suspects were later remanded for 84 days.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

JPJ to intensify drone use to detect traffic offences over Aidiladha period
PM Anwar holds phone call with Tamil Nadu chief minister Vijay
Onn Hafiz says he was target of sophisticated 'mercenary spyware' attack
Teacher detained to assist probe into sexual assault of schoolboy in Mersing
Debt collector pleads guilty to sexual assault, wrongful confinement and robbery
GSF 2.0: Released Malaysians safe in Istanbul, expected home on Sunday
Reform task force recommends using local firms to advise govt, digitalise more services�
PAS issues gag order on members over party ties issue
Bersama to contest in Pakatan, BN and Perikatan strongholds, says Nik Nazmi
MACC to appeal Singapore dismissal of RM548mil asset restraining order

Others Also Read