Education Ministry dismisses claims of SPM History paper leak


PETALING JAYA: The Education Ministry has dismissed claims that the 2024 Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) History examination paper was leaked.

In a statement released on Thursday (Jan 9), the Education Ministry said that it had conducted a detailed investigation into the matter, reviewing all posts and screenshots that went viral on social media sites.

The Education Ministry also said that the materials shared on social media contained only a list of topics from the History textbook, which were used as predictions for the exam.

"The Education Ministry has found the allegations to be baseless.

"No questions from History Papers 1 and 2 of the 2024 SPM examination were shown in any of the posts or screenshots that went viral,” the statement added.

Previously, claims that students had shared questions and answers for both Papers 1 and 2 of the subject a few days before the exam went viral on social media.

The Education Ministry also clarified that the claims did not classify as a "leak" based on the procedures set by the Examination Board for managing such incidents and ensuring security.

“All SPM candidates are advised to stay calm and remain focused for the exams.

“We are committed to ensuring the confidentiality of public examination papers and guaranteeing fairness for all candidates," the statement read.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Man slashes another over parking space dispute in Cheras
Azam gives statement on shareholding issue to special probe panel
Sahur turns tragic as fire razes four homes in Kepala Batas
MACC detains T'ganu exco man in abuse of power probe
All four leaders expected to be at Perikatan Supreme Council meet today
SAR op ongoing for missing angler in Pontian
Miri man duped out of RM230,000 in fake investment scheme
Cops nab smash-and-grab suspect who targeted parked cars at MRT stations
Social media user hauled up over X post insulting Terengganu royal family
Domestic Trade Ministry mobilises 2,400 enforcement officers for Ops Pantau 2026

Others Also Read