AGs keep mum on Najib’s royal addendum


PUTRAJAYA: Former attorney general Tan Sri Ahmad Terrirudin Mohd Salleh has kept mum on the issue of a royal addendum order relating to Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s house arrest.

His successor, Datuk Mohd Dusuki Mokhtar, also declined to respond to reporters’ queries about the existence of the royal addendum order that purportedly allows the jailed former prime minister to serve his prison sentence at home.

The letter had been addressed to him in his capacity as the AG at the time, stating that there was an addendum order that would allow Najib to spend the remainder of his prison sentence after being found guilty of swindling funds from SRC International Sdn Bhd.

When met at the Opening of the Legal Year 2025, Ahmad Terrirudin did not answer reporters’ questions and walked past them and towards the exit of Putrajaya International Convention Centre.

Met separately by the press at the same event, Mohd Dusuki also declined to respond.

“I will not comment,” Mohd Dusuki said.

Ahmad Terrirudin served as the 12th AG from Sept 6, 2023, to Nov 11, 2024, during which time Najib’s original 12-year sentence was halved to six, while his fine was cut from RM210mil to RM50mil on Feb 2, 2024.

Najib claims that there exists a royal addendum order allowing him to serve the remainder of his sentence at home.

On Jan 6, the Court of Appeal allowed Najib’s appeal for leave to initiate a judicial review over the existence of the royal addendum.

Najib’s case is being remitted back to the High Court for a substantive hearing.

He has named the Home Minister, the Commissioner General of Prisons, the Attorney General, the Federal Territories Pardons Board, the Minister at the Prime Minister’s Department (Law and Institutional Reform), director-general of the legal affairs at the Prime Minister’s Department and the government as the first until the seventh respondents respectively.

In the notice of application, Najib sought a mandamus order that all of the respondents or one of them to answer and verify the existence of the addendum order dated Jan 29, 2024.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Escaped Immigration detainees easily identifiable with bright green uniforms, shaved heads
Indonesian police arrest 72 people suspected of starting forest fires
Immigration truck crash: 'I have to be strong for my mother'
No guerrilla incursion into Kelantan following south Thai attacks, says GOF
Second boy found drowned, search operation in Keningau ends
Almost RM730mil spent on welfare aid for seniors, OKU, chronically ill this year
Sabah eyes promoting fishing as an international niche sports tourism product
Police issue 75 summonses, seize 31 bikes in anti-illegal racing ops on Second Link
Four nabbed, 3.4 tonnes of cooking oil seized in raid on smuggling ring in Terengganu
Pedestrian killed crossing SPRINT Highway near Damansara toll

Others Also Read