PBM will contest next Sabah polls, says Sng


SIBU: Parti Bangsa Malaysia (PBM) will be contesting in the next Sabah Elections, says president Larry Sng.

"Our candidates will be decided by our Sabah election committee as they have full autonomy in the selection of the candidates," Sng said on Saturday (Dec 14).

He was speaking at a press conference in conjunction with the launch of the party's new logo.

Sng added that the party's Sabah leaders would also decide on the number of candidates for the election.

PBM vice-president Jupri Lenson added that the party were ready for the Sabah election.

"The election could be called at any time but we are ready for it," he said, adding that the candidate list was being finalised.

Elaborating on the new logo, Sng, who is also Julau MP, said it was a change from the old logo of two hands.

"Our new logo was approved by ROS (Registrar of Societies) on Sept 12, 2024.

"Previously there were two hands in the logo but now there is only one hand. With the new image, we are ready for either the state election, Sabah election or the general election.

"We are part of the unity government and will continue to be part of that government unless there are changes.

"As far as the new logo is concerned, we will go to the ground and use it to recruit new members nationwide," he said.

The party's current membership stands at 100,000.

Sng emphasised that PBM will continue to be a multi-racial party with members made up of Chinese, Malays, Indians and Dayak.

With the new logo which signifies openness, sincerity and being ready to serve, the party hopes to have more people's representatives either at state or national level.

Among those present at the function were PDM deputy president Wong Judat, vice-presidents Kanan Mohd Hedrin Ramlee and Peter Tinggi and secretary-general Munan Laja.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

JPJ to intensify drone use to detect traffic offences over Aidiladha period
PM Anwar holds phone call with Tamil Nadu chief minister Vijay
Onn Hafiz says he was target of sophisticated 'mercenary spyware' attack
Teacher detained to assist probe into sexual assault of schoolboy in Mersing
Debt collector pleads guilty to sexual assault, wrongful confinement and robbery
GSF 2.0: Released Malaysians safe in Istanbul, expected home on Sunday
Reform task force recommends using local firms to advise govt, digitalise more services�
PAS issues gag order on members over party ties issue
Bersama to contest in Pakatan, BN and Perikatan strongholds, says Nik Nazmi
MACC to appeal Singapore dismissal of RM548mil asset restraining order

Others Also Read