Improved universal access to education with enrolment levels up from preschool to secondary, says Education Ministry


PUTRAJAYA: More children have enrolled in schools across the country, bringing the nation closer to its goal of having universal access to education.

Education Ministry director-general Azman Adnan said this is among the targets set in the Malaysia Education Blueprint 2013-2025.

“For access, we focused on increasing enrolment at the secondary, primary and preschool levels in order to tackle the dropout issue,” he said during a special briefing on the report at the ministry on Monday (Nov 11).

He said the enrolment in primary schools has increased to 99.11% while 93.65% are in secondary schools in 2023.

Within preschools, he said enrolment has increased from 88.81% in 2022 to 90.67% in 2023 for those aged five and above, whereas enrolment went from 71.54% to 77.95% in 2023 for children aged four and above.

Technical, vocational education and training (TVET) enrolment has also seen an increase and is now 10.51%, he said, adding that this is the highest so far.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Gold Li Holdings Bhd celebrates successful ACE Market entry
Almost 170,000 tonnes of frozen meat seized in Kajang
Kuching Urban Transportation System to start pilot run in Q4
Semiconductor supply chains stable despite disruptions, says Amir Hamzah
Boat carrying migrants sinks near Selangor; three missing
Alma residents worried by blackened water, dead fish at retention pond
Cameron flower growers’ woes to be looked into, says Mat Sabu
PM hails deepening Malaysia-India ties, pledges to strengthen relations
Authorities urged to probe company giving aesthetic treatment courses in hotels
Over half of Kedah's padi fields now at ploughing stage, says Mat Sabu

Others Also Read