Unemployed man charged with murder of interior designer


PETALING JAYA: An unemployed man was charged in the Magistrate Court here on Wednesday (Oct 2) with the murder of an interior designer who was stabbed 20 times in a condominium unit at Persiaran Meranti, Bandar Sri Damansara in September.

Lim Wah Siong, 50, nodded in understanding when the charge was read out to him in Mandarin before Magistrate Shahril Anuar Ahmad Mustapha.

No plea was recorded from the accused as the case falls under the High Court's jurisdiction.

Lim is accused of murdering Muhammad Sharqawi Abu Bakar, 36, at 9pm on Sept 14 in the condominium.

The charge under Section 302 of the Penal Code carries the death penalty upon conviction.

The court set Nov 8 for case mention for the submission of chemical and post-mortem reports.

Deputy public prosecutor Nurain Syafiqeen Mohd Rozi appeared for the prosecution, while the accused was not represented.

Media reports previously stated that the victim was found dead in a condominium unit in Bandar Sri Damansara with 20 stab wounds, including on his hands and head.

Police investigations revealed that the incident occurred when the victim caught the suspect breaking into his home to steal, which led to a struggle that resulted in the murder.

The police later arrested the suspect in a raid at a condominium in Kuala Lumpur at 3am on Sept 21 on suspicion of involvement in the incident. – Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Man, 62, arrested for beating 80-year-old neighbor with steel rod in Penang
Umno will not enter PN pact in Melaka blindly, says Zahid
10 undocumented migrants flee Tanah Merah Immigration Depot, says Police
After Anwar's open invitation, Tian Chua hopes PKR will reinstate him as a member
90 heat-related illness cases reported so far this year, says Health Minister
Neighbor recalls how he scaled 7 stories to save trapped senior
Probe Felda but don't persecute or humiliate anyone, says Ahmad Zahid
Teacher transferred after allegedly hitting 12-year-old pupil with shoe in Penang
Haze: Affected schools in Sarawak to reopen on Aug 24
No M'sians affected by attacks in southern Thailand provinces, says Kelantan top cop

Others Also Read