Progress concerning Movie Animation Park Studios no longer under Perak govt purview, says MB


IPOH: Any progress concerning the Movie Animation Park Studios (MAPS) is no longer under the purview of the state government as it now belongs to the liquidator, says Datuk Seri Saarani Mohamad.

The Perak Mentri Besar was commenting on Perak PAS commissioner Razman Zakaria who said the state government until now was keeping mum over alleged demolition works at MAPS here.

“MAPS was previously under PCB Development Sdn Bhd that had wound up operations.

“So is not under the state government anymore and belongs to a liquidator that Razman as a former state executive council member should be aware of the process,” he told reporters after opening the “Karnival Mesra Anak Muda” at Stadium Indera Mulia here on Saturday (Sept 7).

Saarani was asked to comment on Razman’s statement about the alleged demolition works.

Razman, who is also the state Opposition Leader had said in an article published in Harakah Daily that despite the issue being brought up in the state assembly sitting, the answers provided were disappointing.

Saarani said what the liquidator decided to do with MAPS, he could not interfere in the matter.

“The state government cannot touch property belonging to others.

“Razman has been a state executive councillor member before, why is he asking this now,” he added.

MAPS was opened to the public in June 2017 and the closure notice was issued by the Receiver and Manager of Animation Theme Park Sdn Bhd (ATP) from Messrs Ernst & Young in Jan 2020.

When met at the same event, Mayor Datuk Rumaizi Baharin said the Ipoh City Council have not received any application for planning permission on any development at the MAPS area, so far.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

PAS to meet before Aidiladha to deliberate continued Bersatu cooperation
Sabah PKR youth unfazed by exit of two division chiefs
Record number of 347,000 train tickets on sale for holiday period
Bipartisan committee can help expedite MA63 issues, 40% revenue rights, says Bangkuai
Bukit Aman to investigate those linked to discovery of prohibited items at Ipoh HQ lock-up
Police step up traffic management as Aidiladha exodus builds up in Gua Musang
MetMalaysia warns of thunderstorms in nine states until 7pm (May 24)
Raya exodus commences; traffic building up on several major expressways
Anwar scheduled to open two-day Sabah Kaamatan festival
WCE Section 3 targets year-end completion, to open in 2027

Others Also Read