RM16.6bil allocated for schools, security and development in Sabah, says PM


KOTA KINABALU: RM16.6bil has been allocated to Sabah this year for security, schools and development, says Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.

He also noted that Sabah had collected RM10.2bil in revenue that was channelled to Putrajaya last year, Bernama reports.

In his keynote speech at the Himpunan Perdana Rakyat gathering held at the Sabah International Convention Centre here on Sunday (Aug 4), Anwar said when he announced the allocation during the state-level Kaamantan festival here in May, some quarters said Sabah only received RM6.6bil.

He pointed out that the RM6.6bil was for development funds and part of the RM16.6bil.

The rest of the allocation was for education, security and infrastructure, he added.

Anwar also called for the swift completion of Sabah's portion of the Pan Borneo Highway.

"Do not let it be delayed by any issues," he said.

He also told the gathering that diesel subsidies were being maintained in Sabah and Sarawak because many people in the Bornean states depended on diesel for their daily routine.

More To Come

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Fifteen detained over Bukit Bintang flare incident
Property valuation firm manager loses over RM505,000 in investment scam
Ag Mohd Tahir convicted under anti-money laundering act
Court finds Papagomo liable for defaming Lim Guan Eng, son
Anwar: Athletes’ welfare will remain protected despite financial constraints
Malaysian economy surpasses projections despite global conflicts, says PM
Five held in Taiping over Telekom Malaysia cable theft
Socso: Gig workers' social security protection activated after registration, first task
Four teenagers attack e-hailing driver in Melaka over fare
Sun bear sparks fear in Jertih village after livestock attacks

Others Also Read