Food poisoning in Gombak: Cops record statements from 15 including caterer


KUALA LUMPUR: The police have recorded statements from 15 people, including the caterer, to facilitate investigation into the deaths of a 17-year-old boy and a two-year-old girl, suspected to be due to food poisoning on June 8.

Gombak police chief ACP Noor Ariffin Mohamad Nasir said all those called to assist in the investigation were family members, pathologist, food provider, and supplier.

"This brings the total number of individuals whose statements have been recorded so far to 15, and statements from other food poisoning victims will be recorded today," he said in a statement.

Previously, the Selangor Health Department informed that a total of 82 out of 247 people were found to have symptoms of food poisoning after eating food on the Gombak district-level ‘Kemahiran Amal Islami’ (Kamil) programme involving 30 primary schools. - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

police , Gombak , food poisoning , statements , caterer , deaths

   

Next In Nation

PM calls on Malaysians to pray for national contingent's success at the Olympics
Cops identify body found floating in Sungai Jerteh
‘Troika mechanism ongoing in support to resolve problems in Myanmar: Mat Hasan
Two students drown at Dungun waterfall
MetMalaysia issues Level 1 hot weather alert for four areas
Cops seek help finding missing 17-year-old girl
Babysitter remanded after two-month-old baby sustains broken thigh
Malaysia Airlines cancels flight MH366 and MH367 due to Typhoon Gaemi in Taiwan
Kelantan bans entertainment, loud noise on Thursday evenings
Suspected kidnapper in Kuala Selangor case to be charged in court tomorrow

Others Also Read