Baby girl allegedly abused by babysitter at daycare in Kajang


KUALA LUMPUR: A 17-month-old baby was allegedly abused by a babysitter at a daycare centre in Bandar Mahkota Cheras, Kajang, on Saturday (June 1).

Kajang District Police chief ACP Mohd Zaid Hassan said the police received a report regarding the incident from the baby's 26-year-old father at 7.36 pm.

The complainant, who works as an e-hailing driver, reported that when he went to pick up his daughter from the daycare centre, one of the babysitters claimed that another babysitter had rough-handled his child during feeding, causing injury to the baby’s nose.

"Upon further examination at a hospital, a medical officer confirmed that the complainant's child suffered from 'soft tissue injury'. Consequently, the babysitter was called in to provide a statement," he said in a statement on Monday (June 3).

Further investigation revealed that the daycare centre had been running for nearly three months. It is believed that it operated without a licence.

Mohd Zaidi said the centre currently cared for nine children with three babysitters who also served as teachers.

He said the case was being investigated under Section 31(1)(a) of the Child Act 2001.

Anyone with information about the incident may contact the investigating officer, Insp Muaz Mazlan, at 017-9788804. – Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Police , Statement , Baby , Injured

Next In Nation

Floods: 245 evacuated in Tawau
MCA open to work with ex-Bersatu members
Pangolin still in danger despite reduced threat in Sabah
Economic opportunities for Penang predicted to prosper mid-2026
Broader statutory body to oversee premium crops
Shattered dreams behind the bridal veil
Easing financial hardships�
Perikatan faces leadership test
Displaced families seek refuge as rains continue
Flood response in full swing

Others Also Read