Four monorail stations temporarily closed for cleaning and repair works, says Rapid Rail


KUALA LUMPUR: Four monorail stations - Bukit Nanas, Raja Chulan, Bukit Bintang and Imbi - will be temporarily closed for cleaning and repair works after an uprooted tree smashed onto the monorail track on Tuesday (May 7).

Rapid Rail Sdn Bhd (Rapid Rail) in a statement on Tuesday night said the service provider would carry out initiatives for alternative service for commuters to continue their journey to their respective destinations starting 6am on Wednesday (May 8).

"Four monorail stations will be closed to the public because the power supply need to be shutdown to allow workers to carry out the cleaning process,” said the statement.

The statement added that passengers and commuters can continue their journey using Rapid Bus Sdn Bhd (Rapid Bus) shuttle that will be in service for free, and commuters can travel from station to station that are affected.

Rapid Rail also urged passengers affected by the unpredictable incident to use alternative modes of transport to reach their destinations.

In a statement, Rapid Rail advised passengers to use alternative services in the interim and apologised for the inconvenience.

Earlier, the DBKL Kuala Lumpur Command and Control Centre (KLCCC) stated that 30 DBKL personnel from four departments, including traffic wardens, its rescue squad, and Urban Transport, had been mobilised to the site and assisted the traffic police and Fire and Rescue Department personnel.

Cleaning works are being carried out by Rapid Rail with the assistance of DBKL.

At about 2pm on Tuesday, a thunderstorm caused an uprooted tree on Jalan Sultan Ismail near the Concorde Hotel to smash into the KL Monorail track and crashed onto 17 vehicles, killing a 47-year-old man while two others were injured. - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Man slashes another over parking space dispute in Cheras
Azam gives statement on shareholding issue to special probe panel
Sahur turns tragic as fire razes four homes in Kepala Batas
MACC detains T'ganu exco man in abuse of power probe
All four leaders expected to be at Perikatan Supreme Council meet today
SAR op ongoing for missing angler in Pontian
Miri man duped out of RM230,000 in fake investment scheme
Cops nab smash-and-grab suspect who targeted parked cars at MRT stations
Social media user hauled up over X post insulting Terengganu royal family
Domestic Trade Ministry mobilises 2,400 enforcement officers for Ops Pantau 2026

Others Also Read