KLIA shooting: Injured bodyguard awake, says wife

PETALING JAYA: The bodyguard who was shot at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) Terminal 1 on April 14 has regained consciousness.

Muhammmad Nur Hadith, better known as Along, had previously undergone intestinal surgery after being injured while saving the life of travel agency owner Farah Md Isa.

His wife confirmed that Along had woken up on Saturday (April 20).

He had been put in a medically-induced coma owing to his injuries.

"This morning (Sunday, April 21), he was taken off the (ventilator).

"He can speak a little," Siti Noraida Hassan said when contacted.

No timeframe has been given for his discharge, however.

"It could take some time," Siti Noraida added.

Just after 1am on April 14, the airport was rocked after a man allegedly tried to shoot his wife in the arrival hall.

Farah, better known as Farah Cie, was waiting for clients to return from the umrah at the time.

The suspect reportedly threw a firecracker in her direction, causing injuries to bystanders, before opening fire at close range.

One bullet missed her while Along stepped in the path of the second bullet. The injured bodyguard was rushed to Hospital Cyberjaya for treatment.

The suspect, identified as 38-year-old Hafizul Harawi, then escaped in his car but was arrested in Kota Baru at 3pm the following day after a nationwide manhunt.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Wildlife Crime Bureau launches raids leading to RM5mil worth of seizures, says Bukit Aman
Malay businessmen and industrialists group lauds move to realign bumiputra-mandated agencies
Surgery complex at HSIS Heart Centre will undergo repairs next month
KKB polls: Perikatan gathering evidence for election petition, says Azmin
ECRL extension to bring foreign workers approved to avoid interruption, says Saifuddin
Azmin claims police investigation against him tantamount to intimidation
Socso’s Invalidity Scheme to be extended to foreign workers, says Sim
Anwar to close month-long Kaamatan Festival for second time
Remains of Malbatt officer Faridah to arrive in Kedah on May 22
Duo plead guilty to trespassing into Istana Negara

Others Also Read