Ops Ihsan aid volunteers in Rafah injured in Israeli attack


FILE PHOTO: A convoy of aid trucks drives into Gaza from the Rafah seen in this screen grab taken from video. - Photo: Reuters TV via Reuters

KUALA LUMPUR: The latest Israeli military attack in Rafah on Friday (April 12) injured several volunteers who were loading humanitarian aid supplies under Ops Ihsan.

In a statement, Ops Ihsan secretariat chairman Jismi Johari said the 5.30pm (local time) strike nearly ruined the food parcels from Malaysia.

"These basic food items will be delivered to northern Gaza where levels of starvation have increased due to Israeli restrictions on humanitarian aid to the area,” he said.

The Malaysian Humanitarian Aid and Relief (Mahar) president said, on Friday, that the delivery of the first phase of the third batch, totalling 13,000 food boxes, had passed through the Gaza entry point, in addition to the 33,000 boxes sent earlier.

"This is an initiative under Ops Ihsan, implemented by Mahar from the Palestinian People Humanitarian Trust Fund and public donations,” he said.

"As a result of international pressure after the Israeli regime attacked World Central Kitchen volunteers, over 200 lorries were allowed to enter per day compared to less than 100 per day before," he added.

On Friday, the Anadolu news agency reported that several journalists were hurt in an Israeli military attack targeting the Nuseirat Refugee Camp in the middle of the Gaza Strip, including journalists from the TRT Arabic channel who were reporting the attack.

More than 33,600 Palestinians were killed in Israeli attacks against Gaza since October 7 last year, resulting in 85% of Gazans losing their homes and facing acute shortages of food, clean water, and medicines, while much of its infrastructure has been damaged or destroyed. - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
   

Next In Nation

Customs seizes cocaine worth RM10mil in container at PTP
Another tree falls along Old Klang Road
The Star's Melaka stringer Sardi Mahorm passes away
SPM 2023: Four inmates get straight As
The Star photographer Zulazhar Sheblee receives Special Appreciation Award
Mobile rebate for media personnel to continue this year, says Fahmi
Court allows Fahmi's application to strike out Ahmad Dusuki's counterclaim
Only 5% of public healthcare facilities have adequate manpower, says MMA
Reconsider e-invoicing and just bring back GST, says Dr Wee
Dropping out, police custody among reasons why 1,724 missed SPM in S'gor

Others Also Read