Remand extended for five over murder of man found dead after beating in Kajang


KAJANG: Five of the suspects originally detained for beating a man who was later found dead have had their remand extended.

When contacted, Kajang OCPD Asst Comm Mohd Zaid Hassan confirmed the matter.

"It has been extended by four more days, until Feb 29," he said.

A total of seven suspects have been arrested, with two more being caught on Feb 22 after the initial five were apprehended on Feb 21.

This comes after a man was found dead with tie marks on a hand in Taman Pelangi Semenyih 2 on Feb 20.

It is learnt that the victim had initially sped away from an accident before a group of men caught up with him.

Eyewitnesses told police that the victim was dragged out of the car before being beaten, and medical officers who were rushed to the scene confirmed his death.

Selangor police chief Comm Datuk Hussein Omar Khan previously said that the post mortem conducted did not reveal clear injuries that could pinpoint the cause of death.

However, the victim tested positive for ganja and methamphetamine, and further investigations showed he also had 10 previous drug-related offences.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Kajang , Murder , Probe , Remand , Extended , Police , Mohd Zaid Hassan

   

Next In Nation

Copter tragedy: Pahang Sultan orders mosques to perform funeral prayer
Johor Baru housewife loses RM400,000 in phone scam
Malaysian parliamentary delegation visits UK, Ireland to enhance expertise
KLIA shooting: Suspect to be charged in Kota Baru on April 24
Copter tragedy: Twin sisters in tears over mother's death
Internal power tussle in SME Association of Malaysia sees president booted
Copter tragedy: 'Dad didn't speak much but he always took care of us'
Copter tragedy: Families still reeling from loss
Copter tragedy: Friends see Lt Cmdr Wan Rezaudeen as a hero
Copter tragedy: Victims' remains arrive at HRPB for post-mortem

Others Also Read