Muhyiddin's son-in-law to be charged for CBT, says MACC chief


KUALA LUMPUR: Several criminal breach of trust (CBT) charges have been prepared for the son-in-law of former prime minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, says Tan Sri Azam Baki.

"I can't remember the exact details but we have already prepared some charges. If I am not mistaken, it's a few charges for CBT," the commission's chief told reporters after attending the 10th Certified Integrity Officer Programme Convocation Ceremony at Kuala Lumpur World Trade Centre (WTC) Thursday (Feb 22).

On Aug 9, Datuk Seri Muhammad Adlan Berhan, the son-in-law of Muhyiddin, denied that he was trying to evade authorities.

His lawyer, Datuk Dr Baljit Singh Sidu, said that his client categorically rejected that he was "a fugitive on the run."

Baljit said that his client left Malaysia legally and likened the previous MACC statement as an attempt to discredit and humiliate his client.

Azam added that investigations on Muhyiddin's son-in-law had been fully completed and MACC was waiting to charge Muhammad Adlan.

"However, it cannot be completed as he has not returned to the country," added Azam.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Flood situation worsens in northern Sabah as evacuees rise to 4,761
TB outbreak: Johor Ramadan bazaar SOPs unchanged, says exco rep
Bersatu crisis: Raub, Lipis divisions dissolved today
Smooth traffic reported on several main highways as at 9.40pm
Health Ministry accelerates efforts to strengthen food safety control to achieve target by 2030
Pahang Sultan, Tengku Ampuan express sadness, sympathy at Trooper Indiran's death
Perak urges use of reusable bags ahead of ban on single-use plastics
Ramadan bazaars: A beloved annual tradition for Malaysians
Bersatu appoints new task force to restructure divisions, wings
Madani govt component parties must strengthen cohesion to realise people's mandate, says Zaliha

Others Also Read