JOHOR BARU: Johor police chief Comm M. Kumar confirmed receiving an email with a bomb threat on Monday (Feb 12) morning.
He said the email was sent to the official Johor police chief's email address and was believed to have been sent by the same individual who also sent a similar threat to the Johor Baru City Council (MBJB) Tower in Bukit Senyum here Monday.
"Checks revealed the email used the same address that was used several years back. We believe the individual is the same and the account used is fake.
"We are in the midst of identifying the email sender and will announce any developments later,” he told reporters when asked about the bomb threats to several government premises in the state.
He was speaking to the media after visiting personnel on duty for Ops Selamat at Jalan Lingkaran Dalam here Monday night.
Comm Kumar said the emails sent were hoaxes aimed at causing tension and concern among the public.
South Johor Baru OCPD Asst Comm Raub Selamat was reported to have said earlier that three government premises in the South Johor Baru area had received bomb threats via emails on Monday. - Bernama