KUALA LUMPUR: Fans of Bollywood superstar Hrithik Roshan (pic) in Malaysia were left upset after the 49-year-old announced the cancellation of his Stars on Fire Kuala Lumpur Live in Concert.
Hrithik, who was set to return to the country eight years after his last visit, was originally scheduled to perform at Bukit Jalil National Stadium here on Dec 1.
The organisers first announced that the concert would be postponed, but it is now confirmed that it has been cancelled.
In an Instagram reel on Nov 30, Hrithik said he had been looking forward to meeting fans in Kuala Lumpur.
“However, considering the current challenges and out of deep respect for the well-being of the people in Malaysia, we have all made the decision to cancel this tour. My prayers and thoughts are with you all,” he added.
The actor also thanked the organisers – Yess Boss Group, Dembi Productions and Heart-Art Production – for their effort in trying to put the show together.
On social media, many fans expressed disappointment as they had been looking forward to seeing the superstar in the flesh while others said they eagerly await his future return.
“So disappointing, (I) was looking forward to meeting you and having my son dance with you on stage,” one wrote.
Another said: “May God bless you and your team. Looking forward to the next event.”
According to Heart-Art Production, the decision to cancel the concert was made with mutual consent among the organisers.
It added that it was currently working to refund all ticket holders.
The cancellation of the Stars on Fire concert comes three days after Yess Boss Group announced that the show would be postponed due to unforeseen circumstances.
The concert, led by Hrithik, was set to feature dancer Prabhu Deva, actresses Vaani Kapoor, Malaika Arora and Sanya Malhotra, among others.
Prior to the postponement, Kuala Krai MP Abdul Latiff Abdul Rahman, of PAS, had called for the cancellation of the event, claiming that it was “unsuitable and insensitive” amid the ongoing Palestine-Israel conflict.