Bomb hoax email: Special needs school in Sitiawan becomes latest victim


IPOH: A school for special needs children in Sitiawan is the latest to be the victim of a bomb hoax email.

Manjung OCPD Asst Comm Mohamed Nordin Abdullah said the police received information at about 2pm on Thursday (Nov 23) from the school’s 48-year-old headmistress regarding the email received.

He said earlier that the headmistress had received an email from the Education Ministry about 11.20am concerning bomb threats that various schools had been receiving.

"Then at about 11.57am, she was informed by the school staff that an email had been sent by an unknown individual. The email stated that an explosive has been planted in the school," he said.

ACP Mohamed Nordin said the case is under investigation.

"Efforts are being made to trace the individual, and the police advise the public not to speculate that could hamper investigations. Anyone with information can contact the Investigating Officer Insp Suhailah Sahabat at 016-584 5480," he added.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Bomb Threat , Hoax , Sitiawan , Special Needs School ,

   

Next In Nation

Nurse found unconscious by roadside in Negri Sembilan
Malaysia calling for cooler heads in Middle East, says Defence Minister
Allegations against Selangor MB a 'desperate tactic', says pol-sec
CIA translates nasi lemak as 'fat rice', features dish in its World Factbook
Chong Wei stranded in Paris, says he misses son … and nasi lemak
Huge durian tree falls, obliterates house in Negri
MCMC lodges police reports against Chegubard, Salim Iskandar and Papagomo
Give priority to students' health before conducting outdoor activities, says Dr Dzul
DNB denies claims of impropriety over 5G rollout
Toddler drowns in Seri Iskandar varsity lake

Others Also Read