BENTONG: It will be more prudent for Kedah Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor to protect the well-being of Kedahans who are suffering from the current floods, says Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi (pic).
The Umno president said he hoped that the over 400 families who were affected by the floods would be taken care of by Muhammad Sanusi whom Ahmad Zahid said had been spending more time in Pelangai, Pahang instead of his home state in Kedah.
"I know someone has been here (in Pelangai) for a while now although his state is facing floods.
"It’ll be better if that person goes back home and face the floods there by helping those affected who really need help and assistance," Ahmad Zahid said in his speech during the MyFuture Jobs Career Carnival at Felda Chemomoi, here, which was also aired live on his Facebook page.
Later during a press conference, Ahmad Zahid said he hoped that Muhammad Sanusi would be able to assist all flood victims, adding that he was confident the Kedah MB would be able to provide the best service to them.
"Don’t be so busy in other people’s areas, take care of your own people. I hope issues brought up by him will not get stuck in the minds and hearts of the people of Pelangai," he added.
As of 8am on Saturday (Sept 30), the number of flood victims in Kedah stood at 1,383 people from 420 families, according to Kedah Civil Defence Force disaster management secretariat chief Major (PA) Muhammad Suhaimi Mohd Zain.
So far, Muhammad Suhaimi said all the victims were placed at 12 relief centres in four affected districts, namely Kubang Pasu, Kota Setar, Pokok Sena and Baling.