I was never called up by Umno disciplinary board following suspension, says Hisham


KUALA LUMPUR: Former Umno vice-president Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein says he was never called up by the party disciplinary board following his suspension.

“From what I know, we need to appeal to be accepted by the party again.

“Secondly, it has to be brought to the disciplinary board. Until today however, I still don’t know what I’m suspended for nor was I called for questioning by the disciplinary board.

“I never saw the reason to put my fate in the hands of the disciplinary board when the supreme council suspended me without referring to the former,” he told reporters at the Dewan Rakyat on Monday (June 12).

Hishammuddin added that the calls to get sacked members to return to the party could also be due to feedback from the grassroots.

“Maybe they (grassroots) want us back in the party.

“For myself and others who were suspended or sacked, we have nothing to lose. If the leadership really needs our services, sarcastic responses or conditional offers don’t mean anything,” he said.

At the Umno general assembly on Saturday (June 10), Umno president Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said that the party was open to accepting those who had been suspended back into the party.

"We hope that those who have been sacked or suspended are those who are genuinely party men and not a 'thorn in the flesh'," Ahmad Zahid said.

Apart from Hishammuddin, former Umno information chief Shahril Hamdan, former youth exco member Datuk Dr Fathul Bari Mat Jahya, former Johor state exco member and Tebrau Umno division chief Datuk Maulizan Bujang and former Jempol MP Datuk Seri Mohd Salim Mohd Shariff were also suspended for six years.

Former Umno youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin and supreme council member Tan Sri Noh Omar were sacked.

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Sabah's economic direction on right track, says PGR info chief
Redevelopment of Bukit Assek to begin end of next year, Abang Johari
Bersatu pioneer leader Muhammad Faiz Na’aman quits party
Man killed, two injured after car crashes into electric pole
Accountant assaults ex-husband over unpaid debt
KL OCPDs must be more hands on, city's top cop says
State polls: No problem retaining Penang, Negri Sembilan and S'gor, says Rafizi
State polls: Selangor will lose out if not under unity govt, says Zahid
State polls: Kota Anggerik voters want better public transport, says PAS candidate
State polls: Umno voters now support Perikatan, says Peja

Others Also Read