Terrace house razed, two others damaged in Klang morning fire


KLANG: A terrace house was almost completely destroyed while two others were partially damaged following a morning fire at Taman Sri Puteri here.

Selangor Fire and Rescue Department assistant director (operations) Mohamadul Ehsan Mohd Zain said they received a distress call about the incident at 8.05am on Saturday (June 10).

"We immediately deployed fire engines, a water tanker and an emergency medical rescue services vehicle as well as 25 personnel to the scene at Jalan Restu 5, Taman Sri Puteri.

"The personnel and assets involved were from the Kapar, Sungai Pinang, Kota Raja and Port Klang Fire Stations," he said when contacted on Saturday.

He said when they arrived at the scene they found that three houses were on fire.

"One house was almost completely destroyed while two others were 20 per cent damaged.

"A husband and wife managed to escape from one of the houses without injury," he said, adding that a car was also almost completely destroyed in the fire.

He said the fire was brought under control by 8.28am and was completely put out by 8.50am.

"We are now conducting an overhaul of the scene to ensure that the fire does not reignite," he said, adding that no one was injured during the incident.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
   

Next In Nation

Malaysian skills certificate holders qualify for jobs in public sector, says Zahid
51 squatter houses demolished, six illegals caught in Sabah
2023 STPM: Johor, Sabah, Pahang record most candidates scoring perfect CGPA
PM receives courtesy call from ICC prosecutor Karim Khan
Fair trial rights unaffected with passing of Child Witness Evidence (Amendment) Bill, says Azalina
Cases of heat-related illnesses increase to 112, says Nadma
Kidnapped six-year-old girl finally reunited with family
ERL, Arex launch new airport rail bundle connecting Kuala Lumpur and Incheon
Expatriate satellite centre expands operations to KLIA Terminal 2
Ultrasound gel recalled due to bacterial contamination

Others Also Read