Covid-19: Tuaran back in the red zone after spike in cases this week


KOTA KINABALU: The Tuaran district, about 40km from here, has been placed back in the red zone after recording a spike in Covid-19 cases last week.

Deputy Chief Minister Datuk Dr Joachim Gunsalam said the district recorded 26 new cases during the past week (May 7 to 13), compared to 18 cases the week before (April 30 to May 7).

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Sabah , Tuaran , Red Zone , Joachim Gunsalam

Next In Nation

Childcare centres in Sarawak to close immediately if API reaches 200
Car destroyed in fire after crash near Mid Valley
Veteran lawyer Chew Swee Yoke, pioneer of KL legal aid, passed away at 81
Jais to tighten religious school teachers' screening to ensure student safety
Foreign worker applications now fully online, says HR Ministry
Police seize phone of PAS chief Hadi Awang’s Facebook admin
Strengthen TVET to produce skilled, competitive workforce
Anwar receives royal honour from Brunei Sultan
Sabah Day provides platform to appreciate state’s history, identity and culture
Woman killed by falling pole after driver crashes into Cheras food court

Others Also Read